Free Standard Shipping on All Domestic Orders Over $50!
National Governing Bodies (NGB's) recognize the frequency and seriousness of head injuries, which is why USA Swimming, USA Triathlon, USA Artistic Swimming, USA Diving and USA Water Polo have all implemented mandates and concussion training certifications in an effort to make aquatic sports safer for their athletes. If reported, these are all moves in the right direction although they are all reactive to an injury. In high school alone, medical professionals report around 2 million concussions per year. Unfortunately, head hits occur above and below the water and often never get reported. For more information, visit Swimming World Magazine.
• 96% of swimmer head injuries at meets are during warm-ups and cool-downs
• 73% of all head injuries in practice occur from collisions with other swimmers and the wall. Visit Swim Swam to learn about the 6 stages suggested for returning to the pool after an injury.
• Artistic Swimmers have a higher risk of head injuries than other aquatic sports
• Triathletes have head injury risks at mass swim starts, in rough waters and on the cycling leg of the race. In fact, World Open Water Swimming Association (WOWSA) nominated Hammer Head as "2021 Product of the Year"
• Divers risk head injuries when hitting the platform, spring board or when they enter the water with poor form
• Water Polo tracks the perils of concussion injuries
Enter Hammer Head®, combining head safety, speed, comfort and durability for the first time ever. They are for aquatic athletes of ages and abilities with the goal to protect YOUR FUTURE. Let's take a deep dive on the revolutionary technology.
HIT Honeycomb Impact Technology®
Patented technology that is 50% safer than other swim caps and designed to absorb the shock of repetitive and accidental head strikes in the pool or open water alike, increasing aquatic athlete's confidence. Check out the Hockey Puck Challenge.
Hydrodynamic wrinkle-free dome-shaped designed for speed achieving up to 10.5% reduction in frontal drag compared to a standard silicone cap. This translates to shaving approximately 0.6 seconds in a 33 second 50-Freestyle. You will love Dr Gary Hall, Sr.'s 4 Tips to Swim Faster.
Modeled after the human head, cut larger in the back and smaller in the front for optimal comfort. It is the only swim cap in the world offered in three different sizes to ensure the perfect fit.
Is seam-free and made with premium silicone makes Hammer Head tear-resistant and will outlast other caps by years, not months. We put our money where our mouth is by offering a 365-day money-back guarantee if it tears under regular use.
Hammer Head makes Sensory Friendly Solutions' "Favourite Things" list as the world’s only in its category. Delivering a much improved aquatic experience and quality of life and is helpful to prevent injury and manage the sensory-motor experience for people with sensory disorders, vision loss, poor visual perception, difficulty with spatial distancing, noise sensitivity and anxiety.
Hammer Head caps are $34.95 each and standard silicone caps will run you $10-$15 each. You will go through roughly 4-5 silicone caps in a year, which adds up to between $40-$75. The numbers don't lie and Hammer Head is the best value and the quality is second-to-none. You won't replace it unless your head grows and you will love our 365 money-back guarantee!